Your privacy is of utmost importance to us.
Commitment to Privacy
We will not collect personal information from you when you visit our website unless you provide the information to us voluntarily and knowingly.
- Applying to work at United Way as an employee: When you apply to be an employee, we ask for various types of data that are typical for employment applications including your résumé.
- Making a financial contribution: When you make a financial contribution online, we collect your name, contact information, and standard credit card data. This information allows us to process and fulfill your donation and notify you of your donation status.
- Signing up for e-mail updates: When you sign up to receive e-mail updates, we ask for your name and e-mail address.
- Other tracked information: When you request information about running a campaign, enter sweepstakes, complete a survey, vote in online polls, or any other function that uses a submit/go feature, we may track the personal information you provide in our secure database of community supporters.
An IP address is a number assigned to your computer automatically when you use the internet. We use your IP address along with other users’ IP addresses to track usage patterns and improve our Website. At no time is your IP address linked with anything that personally identifies the owner of the IP address.
We use “cookies” and other technologies to enhance your online experience. A “cookie” can be either permanent (i.e., it remains on your computer until you delete it) or temporary (i.e., it lasts only until you close your browser). A “cookie” is a small text file that helps us recognize repeat visitors, facilitate the visitor’s ongoing access to and use of the site, track usage behavior and compile aggregate data that can lead to website improvements. Cookies may also help us customize certain content on the website. Cookies and other similar technologies collect non-personal information about the user of a particular Internet Protocol (IP) address. If you do not want information collected through cookies, you can deny or accept the cookie feature using a simple procedure available in most browsers. If you block cookies, however, you may lose some website functionality.
Security of Credit Card Information
We use a variety of safeguards to protect the security of your credit card transactions. We use technologies and processes such as encryption, access controls, network firewalls, physical security, and other measures. These measures make it extremely difficult for anyone to intercept the credit card information you send to us. Lumber River United Way works with a third-party credit card company, www.authorize.net, like other e-commerce websites. This partner is a member of the TRUSTe program and handles all information in accordance with laws enacted to protect consumers like you.
How We Use Your Information
United Way will not sell, trade, or share personal information about our financial donors with anyone else, nor will we send mailings to our financial donors on behalf of other organizations, unless a donor has given us specific permission to do so.
If you provide United Way with personal information when you visit our website, we may enter your name into our database so we can contact you to obtain your input, provide information about our programs and events, or solicit future contributions.
United Way tracks user traffic patterns with Google Analytics, but this tracking is not associated with individual users. Learn more about Google Analytics. United Way may also share macro-level tracking information with third parties for various reasons, such as to attract potential advertisers and/or grant-makers and to enhance the effectiveness of the Website through consultants. At no time will the personally identifiable information that you provide be shared with any of these or any other third parties.
We Care About Doing It Right
United Way is committed to accuracy and precision in processing your contribution information. We employ a variety of error-checking procedures, and our systems are subject to independent external and internal audits to ensure the privacy, security, and accurate processing of your information.
Contact Us About Privacy
Contact email@example.com if you want to:
- be removed from our database
- correct or update your information